Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Honduras Bound!!!

      As I sit here eating baleada's (tortillas filled with re-fried beans, eggs and cheese) and papaya- I reflect on how adventurous my day has been...I had to take 27 pounds out of my bag at the airport before I could check my bags. So, I was running late and the line for TSA was super long, but a group of people saw my frustration and let me get in front of them in line.  I just made my flight!! I got to Miami and sat for a while so of course.  I started talking to some groups of people going to Honduras to save the rain forest, they all agreed what I am doing is much more rewarding. lol
      My flight was loud with kids crying, teens talking with excitement and in my head I am so pumped and sad all at the same time.  I listen to music till I feel wheels being pulled down- I love the difference in seeing Florida and San Pedro Sula from the airplane.  Landing, getting through security and baggage claim is always a good time...everyone is lost, excited and digging passports out but not me... I knew passport check was coming!!
       Ive never traveled to Honduras alone before so it was a successful adventure in my book-I cant wait to see what adventures tomorrow brings!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time you went to Honduras. We were assigned to take you through and we were so afraid you would make some comment in jest. You conducted yourself well, and we all made it through without incident. That is the trip you were so sick and that was when we began to love you and to learn of your deep love of the homeless children of Honduras. You were 16yo then. We stay so proud of you. We had no doubt that you would make this trip successfully. It is pleasing to know you have arrived successfully. We love you and pray for your work that you have anticipated for so many years.

    ReplyDelete