Saturday, March 16, 2013

I wasn't raised by Mama Tara...

I wasn't raised by Mama Tara and laid upon her breast like her children who were born to her...
I wasn't raised by a child of Mama Tara who was brought over for visits and made fond memories with...
I wasn't raised by Mama Tara because she saved me from a Mama who couldn't feed me, didn't want me or because my Mama died...

But I was able to witness who was- how wonderful, amazing and a blessing it was to be raised by Mama Tara.
She helped freely, she loved openly and she taught what it looks like to walk in Jesus' footsteps everyday.
I wasn't raised by Mama Tara or built many memories with her.

But I was welcomed by her with open arms, I was shown her golden heart as she sat outside with her children. I was inspired to follow in Jesus' footsteps as she did everyday. I pray I continue to grow into a woman like Mama Tara. To help without a second thought, to share my faith carefree and to love as Jesus loved.

I wasn't raised by Mama Tara but in the few months I knew her I never saw her without her bible. The children never ate a meal without praying first. Everyone of her children have a bible, they go to church every Sunday and they are read to every night from the bible. Mama Tara was the kind of Christian we dream of being, the kind of Christian I learn so much from just by being in her presents and listening to her talk about how God has done so much for her, her home and for her children. I am thankful I got a chance to meet and spend some time with such an amazing Christian woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment