Thursday, July 19, 2012

Charlie slept thru the night!!

Around 7:30 I give Charlie a bottle and lay him down next to me and I should be trying to sleep as well but I cant so I look at him, rub his tummy and trace his eyebrows. Charlie has really bad diarrhea right now and even worse diaper rash. I stay on top of it when I have him but when I give him to the nanny's while I am digging, with the older kids or at Mama Tara's I know he is not being change regularly. I know I am not here to judge, I know I am in a 3 rd world country but it makes me so upset!!! Anyway so normally I'd be up 5 times during the night to change him and also give him a bottle 2 of those times because he is still small. But...not last night!!! He slept thru the night and only had diarrhea once. Yay!!

Today Charlie was strong enough to pull himself up which is supper exciting because it means he should walk any day now which will make life so much easier. Charlie was so under weight he didn't have any teeth but as soon as the nutrients started going in him out popped 2 teeth on the bottom so he ate carrots, rice and bread fruit for the first time. I started him on Soy milk and it seems to be helping and of course I give him plenty of liquids so he isn't dehydrating. Today he laughed for the first time and I almost cried because he's just been so serious. He got new dinosaur toys from the group that just left and he loves them!!

Anyway I start going back to the school site tomorrow morning now that Charlie is going to let me get some sleep. I am super excited about it too because I love working with my hands and talking with my new friend William he is learning English and I am learning Spanish so we are a perfect pair to hangout lol William is a hard worker and he likes to show me how to do stuff because I am a woman and couldn't possible know but it's sweet so I smile and say thank you.

Today at Mama Tara's someone did my eyebrows-I swear Mosquito woman are stronger then the men!! This woman was not playing around it brought tears to my eyes and I love to get my eyebrows waxed.

It's Thursday and most of you know I play darts on Thursday and I have missed it badly...the gringo's play scrabble on Thursdays but tonight we are not so I am really sad no darts no scrabble. At least I have Charlie who is getting hungry so I have to go.

1 comment:

  1. I would give a lot to have a picture of you with Charlie! Also to see your eyebrows ;-0 xoxo

    ReplyDelete