Friday, July 27, 2012

My life these days...

The last 4 days the internet has been out and I realized just how much I depend on it to not feel totally in the middle of nowhere. How much I depend on it to get word to my loved ones that I am ok, and of course get pictures of my Charlito on Facebook!!

So much has happened the last few days I dont know where to start...lets start with my favorite topic right now-Charlie!!

Charlito had worms so that is what was causing the extended belly and the bad diapers but he chewed a pill and hopefully the pill will fix that soon! He is so happy now as you can see from the pictures, I am trying to get him on a schedule which is kind of a joke here since I can't even keep a schedule and if you know me then you know how hard it is for me to have last minute changes. We went and took Charlie to see his mom and of course she was a mess, we even took one of his sisters back with us-Mia. She has such pain and anger in her eyes but I finally got her to smile and that moment was straight from heaven!!! Mia is 4 and looks about 2 and her 4 top teeth have rotted off. She will be loved, fed and changed just like my Charlito was. Charlie is eating solid food with his 2 bottom teeth only. He still loves his bottle and doesnt care for the sippy cup. Charlito loves his sock monkey, his hot wheel cars and mostly being read to at bedtime. Speaking bedtime he loves going to bed but staying asleep is a different story...pray for me please.

The worksite-well no more trench digging!!! Now shoveling rock,cement and sand-mix it with water you get your foundation. I havent been going to work there every morning much between Charlito waking up in the night for a bottle and a change and the rainy season starting it's a little hard to get much done.

Mama Tara's is going well with the tutoring, the kids are a bit more guarded then the House of Hope kids but I like a challenge. Also please pray for Mama Tara she is having some health issues-pray we can get a doctor out there or get her to the hospital...she is a real mosquito woman so going to the doctor is unheard of.

Ok now Me-I am doing well, I feel blessed everyday by a hug, a smile or a hand hold. My stomach is still adjusting to the food but it's nothing I cant handle, I have a little bump on my leg that doesnt seem to want to heal but you know what?? I am looking tan, we have pasta twice a week and I always have a child to love on so I am a happy missionary!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment